5 Decor Tips For a Small Home
Do you live in a self-contained apartment or home? Jumia house highlights some features that can help you maximize your space. Here they are:
- Color: Paint your home with light colors; they will make your place look bigger than it actually is.
- Mirror: Hang a mirror opposite a window. What this does is allow more light into your home making it feel airier. The bigger the mirror the better
- Convertible furniture: Having a sofa that converts into a bed is an intriguing feature for a small home as it not only makes the most use of the available space, it saves cost. A bed that folds into the wall or table that folds into a cabinet is another creative way of converting your furniture for multiple uses.
- Resourceful storage solutions: Hanging pans on the wall or stacking dishes on a wall rack as an alternative to storing them in drawers saves you huge furniture space. Having drawers for your clothes or undergarments on the sides of your bed is another way of being creative with your space. For book lovers, a wall rack with well-decorated bookends is a great way to keep your books and save space.
- Multi-purpose areas: An all-purpose area in your small home is one feature you cannot pass up on. Your dining area may not be your dining area all the time as it can also be used for other purposes such as reading area or using the table as an ironing table depending on what you desire. Your bathroom can double up as your laundry room where you have a washing machine depending on your budget and bathroom design.